Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why do they persist in lumping people together?

Okay, I know that Abortion and Welfare are big issues for the the Right. But you need to stop lumping people together.



Not all people on welfare are lazy. I know many people who are going through a rough time and have kids to raise. Without welfare, I'd hate to think about what would happen to them and their children.



Not all women who get an abortion do so because they just don't want to care for a kid. A woman I work with was raped and became pregnant-on top of that-she was told that if she delivered the baby, there was a high chance both her and her baby would not survive-do you know what? She was a staunch anti-abortionist-she was going to keep the baby despite how she became pregnant. She went through with the procedure to save her own life.



Besides-what is worse-feeding evil? Or starving good?



First-let's look at the possibilities of no welfare.



1. The lazy people who live off the system will not be rewarded for doing so. Sounds good right?



2. But the hard working people who need the money will have no where to turn to.



3. If you think crime is bad now-wait until they have no way to support and feed their children. I'd rather I pay my fair share of welfare then have my house broken into wouldn't you?



So the Good and Bad alike suffer. Is it better to punish evil or help your neighbor? What would the Bible say about this?



Second, let's look at Abortion being outlawed.



1. Those who are lazy and don't want to take care of their kids will still try to get an abortion, and may die in the process. Even if they don't, do you think that child will grow up in a loving enviornment? After all, the parents are lazy, and didn't want him or her in the first place.



2. Those who need an abortion for health reasons will risk it as well. With high risks such as accidental infertilization or even death, they will still risk it if the know they would die otherwise.



So outlawing abortion only serves to make it worse. Remember that Prohibition lead the rise of Organized Crime in the United States. There will be a black market of quaks giving abortions to desperate women. I don't know about you, but I'd rather they have one done by a professional in a hospital.



So stop lumping all of them together. It's more important to help the good than to punish the bad. It's that simple.



They are living, breathing people just like you and I. They each have their reasons for their sitations-deserved or not.



What sickens me the most is that many of these people who lump them all together claim to be Christians, yet violate most of the Bible to uphold a few verses. How many more verses talk of helping others as compared to punishing the wicked?



So why do you keep lumping them all together? Do you realize that you are cutting off necessary help for those that need it just to punish the ones that don't?



Please, can someone explain this to me?Why do they persist in lumping people together?
I totally agree with you. It seems people are so angry about the welfare fraud, they are willing to cut off those desperate for the help. Instead of finding answers to eliminate more of the fraud cases, they will just cut off funding for everyone. Not only women with children, but MANY seniors and those families that live in areas that have been hit hard by the economic crisis - no jobs, home foreclosures, 401K savings gone under, no health insurance without a job or funds to pay for it, etc.



And abortion was determined to be legal by our Supreme Court. It is not mandatory - every woman has her own choice in the matter. Yet there are many that feel they need to make sure we do not make the wrong choice for ourselves and overturn Roe v Wade - they don't care about OUR religious beliefs, only theirs.



My Bible preaches compassion and comfort to those that need it, regardless of how they got there (judgement is reserved for God). It teaches that those with the ability also have the obligation to take care of those less fortunate... I guess many people have a Bible that is all about themselves and teaches a total disregard for the rest of God's people.Why do they persist in lumping people together?
I can't explain it to you since I totally agree with everything that you said! I wanted to make sure you weren't only attacked by the right wing but supported by those of us who believe in the same things.
You just managed to lump people together yourself.
What I don't understand is how one can suggest to outlaw abortions AND end welfare.



If deprived, unwanted babies are born, SOMEONE has to take care ot them.
wow great question.



You're right. People are going to keep doing what they want, so to illegalize abortion would just make more criminals. I have the same theory with drugs. The reason there are so many crimes related to them is because they're illegal. How many crimes are based on the ideal that drugs are illegal? If they were legal, a lot of criminals would lose business (gangs that sell them and transport them, people who steal for them, kill for them, etc).



Same thing you were saying about abortion. People will still perfrom them, and people will still get them. Instead of it being in a clean sterile enviroment, they'll be in a back alley basement with a coat hanger and a bottle of gin. So not only will a woman risk her life to have an abortion, she could end up in jail afterwards. I had a friend who used to do every drug under the sun. She found out she was pregnant and decided to have an abortion. Her mom was furious, but realized my friend was right when she told her mom about using crystal meth only a week prior. No way was she going to bring a baby into the world that had already been poisioned so much.



You're point on Welfare is right on as well. If every lazy person on welfare suddenly didn't have it, they'd find an easy way to get cash without working. Crime would increase exponentially.
I feel that welfare programs should be in place but if there is someone receiving benefits and not working they should be required to attend a Technical School or training program to make them employable. Yes the Government will have to pay for their training but after they finish and are employed they should have to pay back the tuition. Just like a person with student loans. Also on the question of abortion, It seems that you want it to be the women's choice to have one or not...ok It is my choice to have an opinion as to whether I feel abortion is right or not. I got pregnant at the age of 18 and was unmarried at the time. I hate to think what I would be today without my son.
Abortion - I don't personally support it but I don't think we should make it illegal either



Welfare - I hear what you're saying but it needs reform, a lot of reform. I'm sick and tired of going grocery shopping on a budget with my list and sticking to my budget and list and even having to fore go things sometimes and then get in line behind someone with an overflowing cart that includes name brand groceries, convenience foods and a lot more meat than the hamburger %26amp; chicken I have to just to realize their using an EBT card and using mine and your tax dollars to eat better than us. IT';S BS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment