Friday, November 19, 2010

What's a good way to tell your boss you don't want to work at a certain site coz your supervisor is a gossip?

I accepted a very hard to fill position at a company and I've been in orientation 1 month now. The few times I've been at my site (which is a clinic in the system) the supervisor is gossiping about so and so and really putting people down. I've never heard her say anything good about anyone and I don't think I can spend 40hrs a week with her. I just don't do well with negative people. Our boss is at a different site in the administration office. How do I tell the boss that I can't work with this lady and that I want to leave? There is no way to avoid her at work as there are only 4 people working at each clinic and we have to work very closely. I also know they will have a very hard time filling my spot so I feel guilty. I could request a transfer to a different clinic for a different job (non-professional) with much less pay. If I transferred it may look bad on me coz I barely just started work (1 month), so I feel that I need to have a good reason. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideasWhat's a good way to tell your boss you don't want to work at a certain site coz your supervisor is a gossip?
There are ppl who loves to gossip, and I think you need to learn how to cope with such issue. Because by moving to a different place, there might be another issue needs to be solved. Why don't you try reading about something in this matter.

Because you don't want your boss thinks you are someone who is hard to work with (since your supervisor is there longer than you, and there are other people who is working with her longer). And show your professionalism in working in such environment.What's a good way to tell your boss you don't want to work at a certain site coz your supervisor is a gossip?
I think you're right it probably won't be good to start asking to transfer etc. I hate it when ppl gossip, just try and ignore it don't respond to her just say hmmmm.... I know it's hard but in a couple months you will probably be able to ask for something different.
i dont think the problem is you, nor do i think you should give up something you want because another person is making you miserable..Check your companies policy on gossiping...allot of places now will not tolerate it...Talk to your boss and let him know what is bothering you at the new site....Chances are he may have already heard about her, but if not then you can be the first to let him no how miserable of a person she is to work with...The other thing that you can and should do is to tell her quite plainly so she understands that you in no way want to gossip or hear gossip about anyone...you are there to do a job not find out how she perceives everyone...i doubt you will make a friend in her (would you really want to?) but she will know that you wont accept her behavior...

No comments:

Post a Comment