Friday, November 19, 2010

Changing my work from a large corporate to a small company. Is this a bad idea?

I've never worked in a small company so I wanted to know how it is like to work for a small company before I make this move.



Currently, I work for this global wide company where I am being paid ';little less than ok'; slary. Recently, I've came across this oppotunity to be part of this company that has been up for about 5yrs and there are about 5 people working all togather.[Biochemical company]



They do not have 401k or health insurance, however they are willing to pay for the health insurance after I find my own. Salary will be about $10k/yr higher than now, and this seems like a good oppotunity to grow with the company. On the otherside, I'm not sure of their policy on layoffs, vacation, etc etc... If I do stay in a large company, I am pretty secured at this point.



I am married, my age is in middle 20's, and living in an apartment with no kids. Should I take this chance?Changing my work from a large corporate to a small company. Is this a bad idea?
If you feel that the job itself will challenge you, go for it. The policies will vary from company to company regardless of the size. The biggest culture shock that I have always found going from big to small is the way they order office supplies. Sam's Club, here we come! But I would always rather be in a place where I felt like I was not just part of some faceless corporate monster %26amp; the people at the top didn't know me, or care to.Changing my work from a large corporate to a small company. Is this a bad idea?
I don't know as if I would personally take the chance with small business. Alot of the times, people that are running small businesses are not necessarily by choice, they simply can't make it past the level of small business and break down the corporate walls. However, I am not saying corporate is a basket of flowers either...because then you are a number. If you are ok with the work you do there, I would continue working there. If you need more money than what you are making, I would consider



http://www.mittenstate.ws



Go there, enter in your information so you can see the video, and it explains it all from there. You can get started for free. However, the real fun begins when you get the ball rollin' and your first check comes, and then the next and so on. When you get started, I will walk you through the process step by step if needed just to make sure you are successful. (Please keep in mind; this is NOT a get rich quick scheme.) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Hope This Helps and Good Luck!
1.You'd feel like you broke out of a prison.

2. You'd depend not only on how good you are at your job but on how good everybody is.

3. Job security would be a major issue. Little companies don't have a layoff policy, they just let people go when they need in order to survive financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment