Tuesday, November 16, 2010

People that have deafness and how they deal with it etc .work,daily living?

Work as a nurse and my hearing is going and hard to do my assigned duties and afraid I will lose my job. I worked as a nurse for 20 years. Doctors tell me I need cocklear implant but it will take 1 year to get. its impossible to use my phone at home . So I think I just like to know how other people with this problem get along with the pubic and how they deal with work and people thing you are rude when you don't hear them. I have hearing aids and special cell phone ,but that does not help.If I lose my job,don't know what assistance is out there.People that have deafness and how they deal with it etc .work,daily living?
I am a hearing impaired nurse and am scared too of when the time will come that I cannot do the job I now do. Your best bet is to go talk to your local DVR counselor and see what resources are available in your state/county. Have you considered learning sign language and being an interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing say at a hospital. I would be interested in knowing more about your special cell phone you have.People that have deafness and how they deal with it etc .work,daily living?
life without hearing is tough. my hearing started to go when i was two .i,m 56 now. i can still hear but without my aids i am lost.i have taught myself to lipread over the years ,very useful thing to be able to do. i also read people by there movement and actions.i have a telephone with a volume adjustment but my best friend is my mobile as i can text and my little dog who tell me if anyone is around.

No comments:

Post a Comment