Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I hide my pregnancy from my co-workers and boss?

So, I am seven weeks and really sick.



I have morning sickness and am always exhausted and hormonal.



At work people ask what is wrong with me.



I do not want anyone to know until the middle of May because that is when I am done my probation (govt job).



I know they cannot fire me because I am pregnant but they might find an excuse not to pass my probation.



Any advice. I am a terrible liar and really excited abou this baby.How can I hide my pregnancy from my co-workers and boss?
Boo hoo. You spend more time on Yahoo expecting us to care,than you do at your job. If you get fired,then you'll just have more time to spend on here,right?!?



****. PLEASE don't get fired. I beg of you. The last thing we need on here is you sitting here asking another pregnancy question every 5 minutes.



And,for the record,nausea is a part of pregnancy. You're so happy about the baby,so quit bitching about the nausea.How can I hide my pregnancy from my co-workers and boss?
I wouldn't lie about it. Nausea meds wouldn't hurt, but lying gets you nowhere.
You'd be showin by or b4 May. Only thing i can suggest is to gain weight and lots of it. No one ever notices when an overweight person is pregnant.
I realise there's the ';I am a terrible liar'; part, but.



';I've started a new medication and am having a horrible time with the side effects. No, I really don't want to discuss it. It's for something my mother had, too; it's not serious. I'll be okay.';



There're loads of fairly common medications that can make people nauseated, tired, and fat. Anti-depressants and the birth control pill come to mind. Most people have been on something with bad side effects or know somebody who has; it won't be incomprehensible.



After May, your ';new medication'; can be revealed as, well, pre-natal vitamins, nausea medication, fibre supplements; that sort of pregnancy stuff...
get some puke meds form your doc. wear big clothes and then lie you butt off. it is not there busy anyway. good luck
Something you ate, nervous, and you know you won't show for a little bit longer.
Look up some facts about the FMLA act. They really can't discriminate against you because you are protected under that law. If they do, fight it. Or, just tell them....you may be surprised at how they may react. Good luck!
ask your doctor for some nausea medicine, it worked wonders for me, and I barely missed a day of work.
I know that if you are talking about the Canadian Government that you have nothing to worry about. They have been known to hire people who won't even be able to start until after their mat leave, or are only on the job for a few months before starting mat leave. As for the American Government I am sure that it is not much different.

But if you insist on hiding it I would just say that you aren't sleeping well and it is making to tired and moody. Be careful though because if you are concerned that they won't pass your probation if you are pregnant they may not pass you if they feel that you are a sickly person who make take a lot of time off for sick leave....At least a pregnancy they can understand. And don't forget that by May you could be very showing and it makes it much harder to hide.
Ask your doctor what you can do for the nausea. As for the exhaustion, try getting more rest when you can. As for the hormonal issue, I think people usually make the assumption that it could be PMS, but try your best to hide your emotions...like take a little extra time in the bathroom and do some relaxation breathing. Best of luck to you!
Hold out as long as you can, but May is still 3 months away, which is a long time. Best of luck~
So tell the truth and work until May...they will understand. If you dont say something they will think your hung over or something. They will understand!!!
Stuff your breast. It evens out your body shape and makes you look fat. You'll get jokes but say you're going to ';diet'; and when the baby is out, show off your ';weight loss';! (Stuff gradually so it looks like you're packing on the pounds.)
Make up some kind of disease. I dunno, thyroid disorder, something. No one suspected I was pregnant when I was tossing my cookies.

But honestly, you're right they can not fire you, and even a HINT that you were fired while pregnant could win you a big law suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment