Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How come a guy at work doesn't want me to help him with the job, because I am a women?

I was wondering if any females have the same problems, in the workplace, as I do. I work in a shipping and Receiving atmosphere. There are only two women, including myself, in our department. We both do a very good job. I am told by important people, such as supervisors and some co-workers, that I am one of the hardest working people they have ever seen. I have always been told this at previous jobs. I have a high energy drive and a great work ethic. One guy that I work with keeps telling another guy, on the shift, to tell me to stay away from his area because he does not need a women's help. I told the co-worker to tell him to be an adult and tell me himself. Then I was so enraged that I decided to try to talk to him. I went up to him and asked him what it was that he wanted to tell me. He looked at me and said ';Nothing';. I asked if he was sure because such and such told me that you wanted to tell me something. He had nothing to say. What is wrong with him? Why do I have to take it?How come a guy at work doesn't want me to help him with the job, because I am a women?
So don't help him. You offered, he said no. Back off.How come a guy at work doesn't want me to help him with the job, because I am a women?
One guys opinion do your job, do it well and ignore the ignorance
Is this the first misogynist you've ever met? If so, you're a lucky woman. This guy is never gonna like you or want to work with you. Don't try to change him in any way, it won't work. Do your job and let him do his.



If he says or does anything harassing, let your supervisor know immediately and keep a record of it.
He doesn't want your help. Screw him. Er, I mean in the sense of telling him to be fruitful and multiply with himself.



You are going to find people like that.



They are hurting themselves, not you.



Write him off as a jackass and get on with what you are doing well. You will never change his mind. He does not want to concerned with facts.



-Dio
Mind your own business, do your job, let the man do his. If he needs you he will let you know.



Why can't you be satisfied with no for an answer.



He has a right to his opinion, although he shouldn't be saying it at work, and you have a responsibility to keep yourself to yourself.



lay off.



Sincerely,

A woman in the workplace.
I think the guy's jealous of you. I've read that regular men get mad because, you're higher than him, and you work harder than him. When women are that successful, men usually avoid women like you.
Sounds like hearsay to me. You're not ';putting up'; with anything. If he doesn't tell you or say it to you, he hasn't done it ';to'; you. Work as if there is no problem. If he ever does say or do anything (not just hear he said or did), then take it to the next step. There is no place in the workforce for discrimination, but there also is no place in the workforce for accusations without basis.
Obviously he is embarresed by his words getting back to you, but let's look at this a different way.

1) Men are not trained to outwit a woman in a verbal disagreement.We can speak faster and more directly.

2) You know you are a good worker, so why are you focusing on this guy and what he thinks?? Do you job, and hold your head high. He knows that you know how he feels, so let it go.

I don't understand why you would be so enraged over his words. There are just that, WORDS!! So he has some hang-up. let it be just his.

3) Why not try this: pretend you never heard him say what he did. Go do your job and be proud of yourself, otherwise you let him win. Do you have a deep need to please everybody?? Let me be the first to say that it is impossible. Stop killing yourself over it.
Although you do not have to take it, you are not going to change him and unfortunately have the misfortune of working with a bigot. His problem is that he is a chauvinistic sexist a**hole.
i really appreciate ur hard work if i was in his place i would have asked u definitly!!!!!

dont feel bad there is nothing rong with u or ur job its just tat there are only two females there . the male workers are just overproud of there masculine nature and think working is not for women !!!!!so dont feel bad about it cheer up u r one of the best workers and be happy for tat . if people dont want to ask u forget it . they may b just jealous!!!!

ps: i am an indian and i no how people differentiate between men and women . its really horrible!!!!!!!

be proud tat u r a very gud worker i dont no whether i answered ur question or not cause i am just a student but when i read ur question i really felt like answering it . gudbye and be proud to be a WOMEN
In your own little world you are in control of your job and this person that you have confronted for a reason why you can't help him has threatened his own little space because he has probably assumed that you are better than him or at least equal and he might think that if he lets you in his space he might get shafted so you might need a different approach towards your way of helping him,many males and females feel threatened in this day and age of uncertain about there job security,try a different tack,don't be afraid to try something different.Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment