Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is this a sign of not being sure of myself?

I change how I act depending on where I am and who I'm with. At work, people think I'm quiet/shy and sweet, and a smart nerd. With my real friends (the ones I've known for forever) I'm extremely outspoken and outgoing. Is this an indicator that I'm not sure of my personality because I don't consistently act the same in different environments? Or is it normal to adjust like this?Is this a sign of not being sure of myself?
Maybe its because you are aware of the expectations others have of you in certain places/environments. Your adjustments are made to satisfy a need to feel secure in those places by 'fitting' in accordingly. You ask if it is normal to adjust like this - what is ';normal';? As long as you feel ok and comfortable among others and with yourself you need not be concerned.Is this a sign of not being sure of myself?
I think its a bit of both.

Are you purposefully trying to be shy ?

Or are you just a little bit nervouse around your colleagues.

Maybe because you have known the others for so long, you just feel more confortable around them :)

dont stress, you will work it out

xx
hi maybe its just a normal thing ...maybe one of the reason that ur shy at work because ur not close to the ppl u are talking to maybe ur new to the surroundings and new faces... because of stress that's one big reason in most peoples personalities ..and maybe ur moody..example when u wake up feeling sluggish and tired ..in work u feel uncomfortable because u are tired u prefer to be alone
No it just means that you're an introvert. It takes a long time for introverts to get used to someone and be fully themselves and it's also uncomfortable for them to be in a group. You can take the Myers-Briggs personality test and see what type of personality you have.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

http://www.personalitytest.net/cgi-bin/q.pl

http://www.personalitytest.net/types/descriptions/index.htm
There is nothing wrong with that. I have to do the same thing. If I'm with some peope without sense of humor or don't like dirty joke I have to act different. If all the people would be the same we could act the, but some people call you crazy, they don't even know is a how to laugh. Over all, I think it's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment