Friday, November 19, 2010

Hate my job, Feel totally worthless - People I work with make it so difficult - Please help!?

I sound like a little girl wining! I'm not.



I'm assistant manager in a clothing dept, my manager is a *****, she's always slagging people off, she talks about me behind my back, is too self obsessed and the older people work with worship her so kinda act the same. It's not a nice environment to work in at all.



I've tried applying for other manager jobs, 2 last week, wen't for the interview but didn't get any of them. A girl who hasn't ever been in a supervisory position got the job like that!



I wanted to join the police when I left school, but I feel I need more life experience as I'm only 20. Recently I've been looking into the firebrigade, mainly because it'll be making a difference, second because my late father was and I want to make him proud.



I feel stuck and totally worthless - Working in a job I can just forget about at the end of the day. I sometimes just want to cry.



What can I do? How can I think lighter of the situation when I'm at work to help me stay saine?Hate my job, Feel totally worthless - People I work with make it so difficult - Please help!?
Lol you sound like me. The best advice I can give you is to keep looking for something. If you aren't happy with your current job, nothing is going to make it better. While you are looking for a job though I want you to keep in mind that you are working for yourself and no one else and you don't have to be friends with these people, you just have to work with them. Just hold your head up high and don't give in to their pettiness, you are better then them. They will be stuck working in retail when you are long gone. Hope everything works out for you!Hate my job, Feel totally worthless - People I work with make it so difficult - Please help!?
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. It's not unusual.



If you need the job, then you just have to ';grow a thicker skin'; as my mother always said. Try to treat yourself well and ignore how others treat you. Keep looking for a different job, and do your best at this one. When you're done for the day, put it behind you and go do something fun.



Good luck.
You are in a toxic environment. Get out of there, even if you have to take something else temporarily. For the long term, do what you love (police or fire), and the money will follow.
Im not a big fan of her myself but you need to check out Joyce Meyer. She deals alot with people struggling with life from your perspective. God has all the answers beloved...

He'll not only show you 'lighter'...He'll show you PURPOSE, Destiny and Fulfillment.....
If you work for a chain store see if you can get a transfer to them.



Prepare yourself by improving your interview techniques. You can ask that as a question here. it may be that your manager gave you a bad recommendation and that is why you did not get the job.



The fire brigade and police are very good alternatives.



Go to more interviews.
I am 38 and looking back I would say you need 2 things:



a goal to make it through the days with these people

Something that you love to do and what counts as a job.



I like making simple things complex and complex things simple. i don't know why I just do it by nature. So i am somewhat as a solution architect or something. I ended up in that position anyways.



If you love to do something you will think about it all day so you will be (and stay) good at it at work. If you pick a modern approach to this thing you like and study it completely for 3 months you might be qualified for a job interview. This sounds silly and unreal but (depending on the field of work you are in) this can work.



I hope it is making sense, otherwise thnx for reading i suppose.
This may sound too simply, but it works for me. Choose to not let your coworkers affect you. You are allowing the things they do to govern you emotions and make you feel worthless. Stay positive within yourself %26amp; interact only with those people who aren't negative. This may mean you are only talking to customers at your store but at least your customer service skills will get utilized fully. When you have to deal with your boss, do so professionally and keep it short and to the point. In the background you can continue to work on getting a transfer or a new job. Regardless, wherever you go you'll want to learn how to deal with difficult negative people since they're everywhere. Choose your attitude and have the strength to not allow people to control your emotions, especially those who would only do you harm. Good luck!
nobody likes there job and has to deal with at least one person like you describe

keep applying for jobs and go to school
JEM, go see a job relations person, they are familiar with these kind of people and just may have what you need, I hope well and luck in you search! Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment