Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The magic jack is it for real and how does it work with people who only have internet?

i was looking at magic jack its cool and its got good reviews but im skeptical to how it works without a phone company and does it only work if you are talking to someone with it or has internet. lastly if your internet is down does that mean no phone?



im thinking of switching to high speed comcast through satellite and want to just pay for internet and then use the magic jackThe magic jack is it for real and how does it work with people who only have internet?
The Magic Jack lets you call ANY phone number in USA or Canada for FREE and the quality (for most people) is excellent! If the other party also has a Magic Jack either of you can be anywhere in the world and it will always be free as well. But, if your internet connection goes down, your phone line will also be out of commission.



It has also be stated that using a Magic Jack from a satellite-fed connection will not work either - at least for conversation. Some people have got it to work ok for ordering satellite pay per view, etc. (but that is a data call).



For a good primer on Magic Jack, go to the below site for more info.



http://www.magic-jack.info/



If you can get a dry loop (or naked) DSL connection (internet, but no phone), that will probably work better for you. Most telcos don't even advertise these are available. You have to ask for it and maybe even ask for a supervisor to get it (usually much cheaper than typical DSL).



Good luck! The magic jack is it for real and how does it work with people who only have internet?
Computer must have high speed internet and the computer must be on.



I would always have a back up phone. I bought my mj in Canada and the service has been good from the company. I have read some horror stories about the U.S. Company's service but I think it is improving. I gave one to my daughter when she went off to school so that we could communicate with free long distance. She couldn't get hers to work in dorm and I ended up with $1400. cell phone charge!



I could not understand it because my magic jack works just fine.

Please note that it is not always completely reliable as you can get electronic interference. It usually means just be patient and keep trying to dial until it's clear.



I think it's great. My friends were stuck in Florida in the hurricane and I was able to chat for hours to them and guide them on road conditions etc. when they were stuck in their motel.



The drawback to the Canadian service is that there are no current Canadian telephone numbers, so my number is a U.S. number. That means I don't have people call in because they would pay long distance to U.S. (so I have a local phone as well).



I don't know what comcast is. I have to have high speed non-dial-up internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment