Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whats with people's anger towards people on the dole?

A little info before we start, I am employed and have been working in an office job for over 5 years now trying to get into a career that I am really interested in and have worked most of my life or been at school so I have not tried the life style discussed in this question.



Today I am at work and read the article about Tony Abbott wanting to remove the dole from people under 30 and ship them to the mines. I would say about 45%-50% of the comments on the article supported this suggestion and a lot of comments were along the lines of how much hard working people hate dole bludgers. I do have a few friends on mine on the dole who have been on it for over 4 years now and have no intention of finding work and enjoy going to bed at 3am and getting up at 1 in the arvo.



The thing is this does not anger me at all that I pay taxes and they live off it, because I get to buy nice things with my money and will one day travel. The bottom line is they are happy and I am happy. They are clearly not motivated to work and I am sure there are a small percentage of people nationwide who are not going to be motivated doing a Job they hate when the financial rewards are pretty average.



So I wonder why other people get so angry at these people who are not slaves to dollar like a lot of other workers? This is a free country shouldn't people have the right to live their lives as they see fit? and really trying to motivate this people with all stick and no carrot how the hell will that work?Whats with people's anger towards people on the dole?
See, you could buy more nice things and the day when you can travel will come quicker if some of what you work for wasn't taken away and given to someone who doesn't want to work.



And maybe you think you make too much, and can afford to give some away. Wouldn't you like it better if you could choose who received your aid?



You also probably know how enjoyable it is to achieve your own success, as opposed to having your lifestyle dictated by welfare. People who are in the welfare prison are deprived of this possibility; it is actually hurting them long term if they are using welfare as a means other than a temporary holdover.Whats with people's anger towards people on the dole?
dole? Bob Dole? Bob Dole does not approve this question. Bob Dole thinks your wrong. Bob Dole, Bob Dole, Bob Dole zzz
Its an interesting question to ponder. I guess my anger is twofold.

I resent that I cannot lay in bed til noon.

The government is in deficit over many of these social programs that get abused.
I hate Freeloaders, unless you have some physical or mental Handicap you should have some kind of a job, if there are no jobs in your AREA MOVE! and as we can see from past experince people that get Welfare usually are irresponsible and they breed and they have more irresponsible children because they are allowed to run wild and commit crimes, YES THE CONCEPT OF WELFARE IS GOOD but in the real world people abuse it
I have no problem with people on social help who are actively seeking work and trying to better their situation. Bless them.
I have no problem with them refusing to work. I do get upset that I am supposed to subsidize their shiftless lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment