Sunday, November 21, 2010

Should i take time off work due to depression?

I'm a 24 year old guy working in a busy office. Many have said i have a lot going for me calling me good looking and other things. However I have suffered low moods for many years now. The last year or so it has worsened mainly due to health related problems- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), nasal problems, sexual issues-lack of libido.. also other factors such as breaking up with girlfriend whom i loved (she works with me but thankfully not same office!). My social life is very poor as a result too.



As a result I struggle at work. People don't really notice, though i have told my manager a few things and she was rather sympathetic. Here are the problems; I wake up exhausted dreading to come in. I stroll in late. I am very slow paced. My focus and concentration is poor. I don't understand or enjoy the job much anymore and try to fluke my way through it. I am easily irritated by things- every sound, telephone ring, movement. I feel as though people are watching me and how i do my work, i cant even make a phone call with more then 2 people in the room as i fear i might say the wrong thing. All of my other worries are on my mind too. Sometimes i have to leave the room, run to the bathroom and burst into tears! To top things off, i am very tired every day and lack energy, i end up sleeping on the bus home.



I just want to get better. I am currently arranged to speak to a counselor which is a start. I feel that a few weeks off also may help but i terrified of what people will think and say when i come back. I mean they think i have it all going for me, so they would certainly question and gossip about me. Also there are many changes in the work place taking place soon and me not being there might raise questionsShould i take time off work due to depression?
you'll get more depressed if you don't have money! don't take time off..



/sam the slow even in the dungeon i glow....Should i take time off work due to depression?
going to see a counselor is a good start, however i don't think your going to find your answer on yahoo answers. If your unhappy in your job maybe you should look for something different something that you enjoy or motivates you.
You need a definitive diagnosis and the proper drug treatment if necessary. The counselor is a good idea too. Keep up with that and best wishes in your life...
no
go too work but................. here are some tips



be true to yourself

Look to the present, drop the future worry and the past regret

Focus on positives not negatives

Give yourself permission to move forward

Work on your self confidence and self esteem.

Make a list of everything that you are thankful for now in your life





feel better soon!
Keep struggling. When my meds work I see that the work has piled up and I am matter-of-fact about it. When they don't I feel shame and guilt, and fear of being caught and shown to be incompetent. Same situation, different reactions.



My work is adversarial and sometimes I can't pick up the phone to ask a simple question. Keep struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment