Sunday, November 21, 2010

How would you networking with people to move up in your career????

I am a third year engineer and want information on social networking. I find it weird to just talk to people for a job. How and what should I say when I talk to people working for the company I want to work for. How do I ask some stranger to refer my name to the HR department or hire me for a job. Please explain me in detail. I would really appreciate it. thanksHow would you networking with people to move up in your career????
I'm an almost clinical introvert who has overcome my natural tendencies by studying those who are less socially crippled. Here is what I have learned...



1) The most important thing you can remember about anyone you are introduced to is his or her first name.



2) Whoever is asking the questions is ALWAYS in control of the conversation.



3) One of the easiest question you can ask is what you would need to know to refer a friend as a customer (most people will be happy to talk about their work as long as you are willing to listen). If you want this person to remember you, refer a friend as soon as possible.



From the point of view of a human resources professional I would recommend that you broaden your sphere of influence within the organization you wish to work for. You'll be more successful chatting up ten people than two. When you do get a referral, research the company before your interview, know something about their history and direction. Make it clear that you're intersted in learning, contributing toward the mission, and growing with the company (a wage and benefit package or the nature of your entry level responsibility is incidental).



Hope this helps. Learning the tricks of the extrovert is never easy.How would you networking with people to move up in your career????
Sleep with them, or their wives

No comments:

Post a Comment