Friday, November 19, 2010

A question for all you working people.?

Have you ever worked somewhere and didn't feel appreciated? I'm currently at my very first job (I'm 19). I work my *** off (as was recently acknowledged by HR); I carry a lot of weight with the work that I do. However, it just feels like several of my managers don't really care to acknowledge what I do. They'd rather spend their time using their authority dictating **** to me (and trust me when I say, I don't need it...I'm just that good). Today, one of them pissed me off. I was helping a customer and I needed approval. One of my managers comes over and starts dictating exactly what I need to do...which was not what the customer was originally asking. I'm trying to explain to my manager that wasn't what the customer wanted; however, she tells me to never leave the guest waiting. But how are we not suppose to leave them waiting if you're not answering what they're asking? The guest evens tells me that I was right; not my manager. I'm really, truly fed up. It just seems like all people want to do is use their authority to dictate ****; however, instead of being a manager, they're really being a pain in the *** and the foremost reason as to why I'm on the verge of quitting (though I really need the money).A question for all you working people.?
I'm 39 and have had more jobs than I can count, and I can tell you that you just described every workplace in the world, so there's no use in quitting. The best you can do is try to get a job that requires little or no contact with the public, and one in which the bosses are not around, either. I currently work in security on third shift so I see no one most of the night. I like it that way. A question for all you working people.?
Ah - I have that exact same problem! I'm 20, and been there 3 weeks, but I have four managers, all in the family obviously, and all peering over my shoulder to see what I'm doing! Plus, I keep on getting accused of things I didn't do!!! Its winding me up so much... but you know, we have to stick at it for at least a year, then we can use this as a stepping stone for a better job. Besides, maybe after a few more months they'll lay off us?
Now I know what the problem is, The manager is a woman, I have had nothing but trouble with women bosses. Hate to say that cause I am a woman. Men make better bosses.

However you can't get fired for nicely saying ';you don't like how your being treated';

But if I were you hang in there but keep looking you may find a better job, with a better person in charge. Good Luck !
Thats work for you

No comments:

Post a Comment