Sunday, December 11, 2011

What do you tell people who just do not understand that you don't have as much time to do things as they do?

I'm a really busy person and I like to do well in school. I'm on scholarship, and I will only remain on scholarship as long as I keep up my grades. My problem is that I have friends and family that just do not understand. They keep asking me to drop my studying for ';just a couple of hours'; and hang out with them. I can't. If I do it once for one person, everyone else is going to bother me until I give in again. And I don't even have the time to do it once. I'm so sick of people bothering me. I don't want to alienate anyone, but it might be the only way to get out of this. It's actually really depressing, because the more they bother me, the worse I feel and then I'm concentrating on how horrible I feel instead of concentrating on my work. People have told me to relax and do yoga, but I do not have the time. I just don't. I have a really heavy course load and I'm just going to have to tough it out for now, but I just wish people would understand. I have tried to explain, more than once, to everyone. Everyone seems to have all the time in the world, and I don't. I don't even know why I'm writing this anymore. Maybe I just need to vent. Please comment..What do you tell people who just do not understand that you don't have as much time to do things as they do?
I had a similar problem. Not being very gifted in any way meant that I had to work harder than some others. I didn't have wealthy parents either. Most of the people I studied with seemed to have all of the advantages that I lacked and my parents wanted to see me too.



In the end I made a calender that listed every day of the month and what I was doing, There were study hours, exercise hours, study hours, friends hours, study hours and family hours. Doing it this way helped me avoid being some kind of recluse, I only lost contact with friends I didn't really need and my family would have dates to work with and plan for. It helped all of the people I cared for and who cared for me and it helped me keep a balance that was acceptable (maybe reluctantly) to all. I did OK, and got a good position, and have the same friends and didn't lose my family. You can do it too!What do you tell people who just do not understand that you don't have as much time to do things as they do?
all u can do is explain it, but u need not repeat yourseldf. if they dont understand, then that's THEIR loss

No comments:

Post a Comment