Sunday, December 11, 2011

If I switch to a deeper voice, do you think people would notice or mind?

I have a naturally deep voice. And that how I speak when I am recording myself or over the phone, and with friends and family. But for some reason, when I meet new people or at work, I talk from a much higher pitch and mellow voice. I think sub-consciously I am afraid, that people might feel threatened if I talk in a booming deeper voice which I have, so I have developed a habit of speaking in a higher pitch mellow voice. But I want to break this habit, and talk in my natural deeper voice.



Do you think people will notice a big change if I start talking like that and feel strange, and think I am faking? Especially at work, people are used to this higher pitch voice. So if I switch over to the deeper voice, do you think it will be okay, or feel strange?



Thanks for all answers in advance!If I switch to a deeper voice, do you think people would notice or mind?
Don't worry, nobody will be threatened by the natural tone of your voice. Just speak normally and don't fake it. The high pitched tone, I'm sure, has been noticed by all, so it's best if you relax and speak naturally, which is far less amusing than someone who purposely uses a false tone.



If anyone takes note, just say ';Oh, i've had throat issues but I';m better now, thanks';If I switch to a deeper voice, do you think people would notice or mind?
I think you worry too much! Lol but I think you should start switching over time. If they give you a funny look whilst your talking with a deeper voice, you could always just cough and talk normally again. I think it's highly unlikely people will notice though. :-)
I do think people would notice (I don't think it would be a big deal though)... but whenever people get colds their voices get deeper... just pretend you have a cold and never switch it back. I bet they would forget. I know that's kind of weird advice.



Do you think maybe you talk higher normally and your voice gets deeper when you record things? I've noticed men use a deeper voice when leaving messages and things like that.
umm ....well i think..stick to the 1 which doesnt ';sound'; fake ..n yea i gues at first ppl might think u r pretending to speak so ..!!give ur deeper voice a try with family and friends and observe their reaction !!but at the end all tht matters is u should feel comfortable with d way u speak...so move on slowly, u will ultimatly get over this problm ...infact its not tht big deal u knw....ppl might find wierd at 1st but once thy get used to it ..thy r gonna b fine with it !!
We would have to hear you, so we can give you an opinion......you would have to record yourself.
I noticed my bros voice is deeper when he's at work. But i never found it strange. I think people will notice for a sec at first %26amp; think ';huh.'; but that's only if they know you well, but they'll get used to it after a minute or so %26amp; won't think about the change. unless you keep going back %26amp; forth then that would be a bit of a mind-f**k

No comments:

Post a Comment