Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I get the people I work with to respect my office more?

I'm very big on respect. Respecting others, respecting property and respecting space like offices. Well I have my own office at work and a few occasions the people I work with (i work in a dental office) barge in like they own the place. I want them to respect my office! lol

So my question is, how do I get them to respect my office? How can I decorate it? Just how?

Thanks to all who reply, I appreciate it.How can I get the people I work with to respect my office more?
Does it bother you because they are interrupting you, or just on principal? Are you close to them, and they are treating you like a friend? Or are you not close and they are just barging in because they don't like/respect you? Usually a closed door means ';knock'; regardless. I would find a cute sign that says, ';Knock, please.'; Or you could just confront them as they do it. Or speak out in a meeting. Be assertive. If your office locks, try locking it while you're in, until they get used to knocking.



I would say for decorating, the more professional you go, the more people will respect you. Having a desk cluttered in junk, with tons of personal pictures won't help. A pic or two of family or friends, hang up an official document or nice, office friendly picture. Keep it warm with some curtains, and chairs for sitting. Warm, but professional. Without seeing more or knowing more about you I couldn't give more advice.How can I get the people I work with to respect my office more?
People who respect other have respect from others.



It has nothing to do with how your office is decorated. I would include chairs for other members of the Office to sit in and join you.
Neat, clean, contemporary office furnishings. Maybe a decorative sign that says ';respect';. Most of all, your attitude toward others determines how they will treat both you and your space. But it seams like you know that. Good Luck!
If your business allows it:



Shut the door and put up a sign that says ';Please knock before entering!';

No comments:

Post a Comment