Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do you handle conflict at work?

Since finishing college last year, I've been in retail and similar jobs (office setting now). I think I am a good communicator and effective at the work I do- it is not skilled work. Co-workers seem extremely critical of me, and they seem to have a lot of time to find many faults with my work. People go out of their way to make me look bad.

I have a lot of experience in this area, as it is the same thing I did while I was in college and high school- just different places...however I have always been viewed as very friendly up until now.

Please help me understand how I will deal with this for the rest of my working life.How do you handle conflict at work?
1 - No matter where you work, there are always people like the one's you are talking about.



2 - Just do your job to the best of your ability and try to ignore these people.



3 - If things get too bad, go to your Supervisor and if they can't/won't help, then go to the HR dept.



*****************************How do you handle conflict at work?
do the same to them



Eye for an eye that's how people learn



But you're better off confronting them in the moment later on
Talk to your HR person or supervisor.
I don't know if this is applicable to you are not, but perhaps is food for thought. Perhaps it is you that has changed given that you have since graduated from college. You have stated that your job is ';unskilled'; work and it may be that you are putting out there that you are ';above'; this line of work given that you now have a college education. If you have always been viewed as friendly until now, it sounds as if something has happened with you. Conversely, perhaps they are intimidated by your education--but again, that is something that has to do with how you may be presenting yourself.



I have learned in my life that when things suddenly change, the answer usually rests within. Good luck finding the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment