Sunday, December 11, 2011

Because of my ';Eating issues'; I find it hard getting to know new people?

Im okay for talking to people in everyday situations such as Customers at work, People at my local Gym, Random people you chatter to in shops...

I guess that's because they aren't there for long and i don't have to keep up any sort of on going conversation and i don't have to ';Get to know them'; or let them get to know me.



I wouldn't say i am shy, i am rather confident and i usually make a good first impression.

Its 2nd and 3rd impressions that i have trouble with!



I just have a hard time getting know someone in a long term basis. Whether it's a friendship or a relationship.

I just have this belief that in time sooner or later the person in question is going to find things they don't like about me.

I have ended relationships because of this - iv'e never had a real relationship! My record is 3 weeks.



I don't feel as though i fit in with ';Normal'; people. Im a bit of a gym addict, i have my routine and i get really anxious if its disrupted by anything.

I am very particular about food and what i eat and i will admit i am rather obsessed with my body shape.

I don't like to refer to myself as ';Anorexic'; because im not teeny tiny but people tell me im under weight but i disagree.

Anyway - These are things i imagine people will find irritating about me.

Especially when you consider most social activities involve eating and drinking.



I know that i should let people decide for themselves whether or not they like me rather than just assuming they'll hate me.

But i think the reason i dont give them a chance is because i cant imagine how upset i'd be if they said i was irritating, weird, obsessed............ what ever else they can come up with.



But at the same time - i want to change all this.

Im missing out on meeting people and having any sort of fun.Because of my ';Eating issues'; I find it hard getting to know new people?
In general pple have respect for those who respect themselves. Sounds like you do. Just stop worrying about what pple will find out those things are hardly deal breakers. Everyone has these things and they are generally overlooked by an attractive personality. Have some confidence dont be afraid, be yourself.Because of my ';Eating issues'; I find it hard getting to know new people?
Get therapy. It sounds like you might have OCD or something like it, and no one here on Answers can really help you. Also, anorexic women come in all shapes and sizes.... some are larger than others.
get over it kmopfsdnfjnds
first of all, just be yourself. Second, so what if you have a rigorous work out routine. Some people will actually respect you for that, if they don't respect the fact that you like to stick to your routine, then maybe they're not worth keeping as friends. And third, you can still go out to eat and drink, look at online menus and nutrition info so you can stick to your ';diet plan'; but still be social.

No comments:

Post a Comment