Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can some people work and still manage to get really good grades?

I really have wondered about that about some people when I was in High School. and some even were still in a sports team or some club. I have tried this, and I really felt it was too stressful, not only you had to do a lot of homework that the teachers assigned, but you also had to deal with work outside of school. I can do both things, but usually when I do this, I notice a sudden drop in my grades.



I don't like that kind of pressure really. I would rather just do one or the other. School or work, but how do some people manage to pull that off?How can some people work and still manage to get really good grades?
Everyone has a different learning style and a different learning curve. Some people don't need to study much to understand or memorize the material. Understanding the best way you learn is very important. Do you absorb the most knowledge from reading, listening, or doing.. or a combo of 2. If you learn well by listening but a digital recorded and record the class and you can listen to it while doing other things. I learn best by reading and I usually just read the notes instead of paying attention to class (although if the class gives a lot of notes find a friend who is a good note taker and willing to share notes).



Also learn which homework is vital and which is not; which is checked for completeness and which is graded. Homework is there so the teacher knows you understand the material or it helps learning the material and I am not saying blow off all your homework, but if you can ace the test without homework... well....



Unfortunately life is not fair and we are all made differently. Some are naturally smart, some excel at sports and some both or neither. You may just have to sacrifice something (such as part of your social life) if you want to do sports and school...



.How can some people work and still manage to get really good grades?
they're straight up g's.

No comments:

Post a Comment