Sunday, December 11, 2011

Am I a snob for looking down on people i was once friends with?

I came from very humble beginnings, when i was growing up my family lived in a poor area and we didn't have much but i was brought up to be hard working and a good person.



The people i knew at this stage were unambitious but fun to be around, they were like me, good working people.



Through that hard work i obtained a degree and i my opinion bettered myself. I moved away and didn't see my old fiends till today when i moved back to my home city.



In one way, seeing all these people was a joy, seeing how everybody changed. But it also brought home how different i now was.



I know i shouldnt look at people in such terms but they seemed to be as unambitious as ever, uncultured. I was totally out of place in terms of attitude, money, fashion, everything.



I feel awful for thinking of the people i grew up with this way. Am i just being snobbish? having forgotten my roots?Am I a snob for looking down on people i was once friends with?
Yes. Don't be stupid. Nobodys better than anyone in the world, we're all equal. I mean, if anything I should look down on you, because being a 'snob' isn't that intelligent.Am I a snob for looking down on people i was once friends with?
Yes, you are

but I know what you mean



you can still be like friends with them, but you don't have to be close friends with them like you were before



Things change people change



I think your old friends should know that, and that you aren't the same person you were how many years before

No comments:

Post a Comment