Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do i connect with different people?

I'm a sophomore girl in a very competitive (academically) school with a lot of with stuck up, rich, and shallow people. I'm average at about everything. I have good grades, I'm very approachable, I'm not a loser (but not popular either), and I'm cute. The problem is that I feel like I don't have any real friends who truly understand and accept me. Of course I have my usual group of close friends, but I feel so out of place when we're at school. Theyre so close to each other, and I'm not that close to anybody. I can't just randomly join a new group either because it's sooooo cliquey here! And i wouldn't want to leave my friends. Joining clubs does not work. People are unfriendly here. They don't care about you unless you're the most popular girl in school. I've been dying to move schools and start fresh. I've lately just been forcing myself into laughing with people, and pretending like I have an interest in what people say. The truth is, I hate my high school life even though I've been trying to think positive for many months now. I don't want to look back when i'm 30 and remember that i was the out of place girl, even though there was nothing wrong with me. My friends just don't consider me very fun because we're so different. They seem to just forget about me even when i'm there, and even when i'm trying to fit in with them. Other people at school generally don't try to make friends with me because they already have friends, so they feel like there's no need. I appear to be very close with my group, but I feel so distant from everybody. HELP. what can i do?



Ive already tried to talk to my friends. They really just don't understand. I just want to get out of here and rush into the real world, like finding a career.How do i connect with different people?
In HS there is always someone else like you. The loner, the one in the corner. Keep your eye out for them.



or either you can just practice on remembering everyone's names. You have your freshman year book for guidance. Just go though it and remember the names to the faces. Then when your walkin down the hall you'll say ';Hi'; then walk on. Then you're the popular girl and everyone wants to be your friend. But they won't be your real friend, but you'll get to know everyone and hopefully you'll find someone to connect with.

You need to find the diamond in the ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment