Sunday, December 11, 2011

I HATE trying to impress people -- uhg is anyone else like this?

Well the title says it all. Starting out as a kid I wasn't the type who would get good grades in order to try to impress mom and dad (like most kids) i mean at that age what does school mean to them anyways? So i would come home with C's and D's cuz i just didn't care what my parents though of it, and well what did school mean to me at that age, right? As i got older i got a job on the side of school.. and at work people would try so hard to impress the boss and their co-workers.. they would do extra work which gave them brownie points (a good thing)... but i was the opposite, i wouldn't do more or less of what was expected of me and i would do things my way (which somethings got me in sheit)... and occasionally i'd do a lil extra if i was in the mood... and well i prob was the least favorite to my boss and co-workers... now im in college and im doing nursing becasue I love helping people feel better in general... its my passion, BUT when I go do the practical part of nursing with patients i feel so out of place... its like i dont want to do it anymore. Its like im doing it only to impress my prof to get a good grade.... and for one i suck at faking just about anything. It just feels soo fake... i feel so out of place.. doing things like that. I just have this I dont give a **** mentality about how others view me as (which is said to be a good thing) but in the long run that mentality gets in the way of a lot of other things... such as just life in general (getting good grades, jobs, building relationships with others) I guess life's all about impressing others.. huh =\I HATE trying to impress people -- uhg is anyone else like this?
You are making a mistake. You say you dont care what others think of you- but in reality you DO. You care so much that you are willing to make mistakes, blow it, and rebell.... against people who might in all actuality not even be thinking about you at all. And you seem to think that you are doing it for them. Arent you doing these things for yourself? Isnt any success you have for you and not for anybody else?

My father used to have the worst possible table manners and he did it on purpose. Like sticking his fork with a melon on it in the sugar bowl that everybody uses, like chewing on chicken bones in a nice restaurant. And one day I realized that he wasnt putting on this show because he didnt care- but because he DID. He cared so much that he was giving everybody the ';**** you'; message.

So you tell me: to rebell is normal for a teenager. Do you want to keep rebelling at 35? 45? 65?I HATE trying to impress people -- uhg is anyone else like this?
i guess it is if you care so much about what others think. personally, i could care less. there are rumors about me going around in a couple different places, but i don't care. sure, i get angry, but i deal with it. believe me, if someone is going to think bad of you because of something stupid, you don't need to worry about what they think. be who you are. as long as you're not doing anything to hurt someone else or yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment