Sunday, December 11, 2011

Do people really live with their heads in the clouds?

I just got off the phone with a very old friend. We have never made a habit of talking about money, because it never came up and our situations have always been different. Well, during our conversation she asked me if my house was paid off. I said, no we have only lived here for 12 years. I was shocked by the question. My husband and I are working people, and have a teenage daughter. We make a good living, but don't have money growing on trees. I assumed we lived like most average Americans these day. However, she was shocked that my house was not paid off already. I understand that she comes from money and has never had to work, but I don't understand how she can assume the rest of us in this world are like her..... I guess my question is, how many 40 year old people have their houses paid off??? I am still shocked to her reaction to our not being so.Do people really live with their heads in the clouds?
most people do

No comments:

Post a Comment